Saturday 4 August 2007

Flock...

Flock

So I'm trying flock out again.

It's been a while since I last looked at it.  All I can say is it's improved massively.  It's actually just like Firefox with lots of lovelly extra interactions with my favourite web sites. So far so impressed.

Cider

I haven't drunk cider since a University, but at the Walkabout bar in central Birmingham I was introducer to Kopperburg, Swedish cider (thank you GUADEC!) which was actually really nice.    Since then I've had no end of trouble getting hold of the stuff.  Every place I go either doesn't stock it or is out of stock.  It's a shame because it's lovelly.

Worse than all that however is that I have resorted to trying other ciders to see if I'd just forgortten how good cider is.  I haven't.   Every other cider I have tasted has been unreservedly shite. 

Unless I can find a supplier of Kopperburg in the immediate future I've a feeling cider will be off my menu for at least another decade.

Projects

I've got too many projects to work on and that makes it hard to focus.  Right now I have:

  • Reading "purely functional data structure", which in turn requires me to learn Standard ML (can I just say,*yuck*).
  • Working on VonTeese, a DITA handling system in Scheme.
  • Learning about concurrent Scheme programming in Termite.
  • Writing a ELISP to allow me to edit item on a Twiki based Wiki directly.
  • Working out a good data acquisition UI strategy for mobile GNOME devices (via PokyLinux for the time being).

.. plus a whole load of other ideas floating around in my head.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Evan Hamilton said...

Thanks for trying Flock again! We're really proud of 0.9 and extremely excited about our 1.0 release later this year. Let me know if you have any issues, suggestions, or comments.

Flock on,

Evan Hamilton
Flock Community Ambassador

evan at flock dot com