So... first the bad news.
I've had to drop the Qt port of my little Clojure recruitment database. I was just hitting too many problems using Qt-Jambi and it was taking too long. The client needed a working database ASAP and I wasn't gonna get there. At the same time I also learned to use Apple's Core Data on Mac Os X 10.5 (which my client is running) and I managed to turn the bulk of the project around in an evening. It was one of those evenings where I couldn't sleep and in a way I am just glad to get the database out there and running - especially as "the client" is also my girlfrend :-)
The good news comes in two forms. One, getting the DB off my plate means I have more evening time to play with more interesting Clojure projects; two another Beta version of Stuart Halloway's book "Programming Clojure" came out. I intend to read some of the new chapters, particularly the one on Swing (which until now I have found clunky).
Tuesday, 13 January 2009
- ▼ 2009 (3)
- ► 2008 (37)